Though drinking wine in Napa, Burgundy, Argentina, Rioja, or yet another of the several wine regions blessed by remarkable terroir, you are probably pondering ‘how do I get some of this vino dwelling?’ Do I have to verify wine for a flight? If so, are there limits or regulations? Are taxes due on the wine if I am flying internationally? Can I shield my bottles from breaking for the duration of the flight?
Suggestions for Traveling with Wine
- Individually wrap every bottle completely in heavy clothes you have packed, like jeans or sweaters. (I normally attempt to slip the bottle in a bread bag or other plastic bag that I can tie off in case of breakage.
- Use a wine-shipper box with foam inserts to verify your case of wine. (Do not verify in a typical distributor cardboard crate of wine.)
- Invest in a VinGardeValise12-Bottle Wine Travel Suitcase
- Get a reusable WineSkin Bag – or comparable item that will add extra padding to the bottle.
- According to the TSA — recall they only manage airport safety and the regulation of continental travel — you can travel with an limitless quantity of alcohol in your checked bag as extended as every bottle is below 24% alcohol by volume, which has wine covered, and fits inside the airline’s weight regulations.
- Mini bottles of alcohol in carry-on need to be capable to comfortably match into a single quart-sized bag.
- Do not attempt to take your wine bottles in your carry on baggage, they will not let it via safety
- Look at Direct Shipping – Due to air travel regulations, several wineries have taken on the duty of facilitating direct to customer transport themselves via a selection of solutions. Just ask the attendant at the tasting area, when contemplating your acquire.
Alcoholic beverages with much less than 24% alcohol – no US Gov. restrictions for import for private use.
Bonus – Appear into the Alaska Airlines Wine Flies Cost-free Plan if going to the U.S. West Coast.