In very stunning information, Wine Australia right now introduced that the 2019 Australian winegrape crush can be 1.73 million bottles, simply 1% decrease than the long run benefit.
It’s such a shock provided that yields within the Barossa, McLaren Vale and Adelaide Hills have been all down by as much as 70% (notably within the Barossa, the place losses in some scorched vineyards are 100%). Robust yields within the Limestone Coast and Riverland, nevertheless, offset this.
Of word, grape costs are up now to $664 per tonne, the best since 2008 and the fifth yr in a row of value will increase. In different phrases, demand is getting stronger for grapes.
Another attention-grabbing stats (these are primarily based on survey outcomes, so are seemingly only a illustration):
- Wineries with a crush of over 50,000 tonnes took in 56% of the crush.
- Prosecco is up a monster 42%
- Whereas Chardonnay is down 12%
- ‘Cool’ local weather pink grapes at the moment are, on common, $534 dearer per tonne than white grapes ($1530 vs $1096 tonne).
- The typical value per tonne of Riesling is greater than double that of Semillon.
- Whereas the common value per tonne of Adelaide Hills Gruner is now $1973/tonne.
Some alternative stats under, in any other case extra information right here.